Software Engineer – Dev-Test
BigDoor is seeking a Software Engineer with a focus on test automation and quality assurance.
- Do you love shipping exceptional software?
- Are your daydreams full of incredible coding projects that you want to build?
- Are you looking to bring your wizard-level coding skills to a startup?
- Does the opportunity to simplify complicated test suites excite you?
- Are you looking to bring your wizard-level testing skills to a startup?
If yes, we want to meet you! We are expanding our engineering team with a test automation and quality assurance. The BigDoor team is growing quickly, and you’ll join our Seattle engineers as they journey into new, cutting-edge projects. We work with big brands including Starbucks, PacSun, Yamaha, Microsoft, CBS, and the WWE to name a few and are looking to expand our list of all-star customers with your help.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the team in managing test coverage. You’ll make sure our coverage is effective and efficient, including UAT, UX automation, load, integrity, and other types of tests as needed. You’ll be accountable for what the team covers.
- Anticipate our release schedule. You’ll prepare as necessary for big changes in audience and/or traffic. You’ll gather traffic estimations ahead of time to make sure that load tests pass with flying colors.
- Post-release monitoring, reporting, and verification of test assumptions. You’re able to follow up post-release to see how things lined up, and communicate the results to all necessary stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate root-cause analysis and follow up occurs as necessary. If something goes awry in production, you’ll ask the right questions and champion the process of getting to the root cause in order for the team to take preventative action.
- Regularly write tests of all kinds. Your primary focus is on Selenium UX automation tests written in Python.
- Rock the communication. Work with the CTO to communicate updates on a regular basis to a wider audience.
What you should bring to the table:
- You’re experienced. You’ve got 5+ years of experience writing code in a professional capacity, and 3+ years of experience writing Selenium test automation and Python. You know the difference between user-acceptance and unit tests, and have written both for years.
- More than a few years of experience working with a small, agile team. you’ve championed quality assurance and drove efforts that effectively test software from many different angles, both programmatically and manually.
- Leadership experience. You’ve lead a team that knows they aren’t just writing production software; they’re writing test automation that allows for low-risk, high-confidence, high-quality rapid development.
- Experience deploying software on a daily or weekly basis. As a result, you can call out the CI tools you’ve used, rating them by strengths and weaknesses.
- Exceptional organization skills. You’re agonizingly detail-oriented, but can still see the forest for the trees. You’ve used Jira or a tool like it to manage a priority queue, for more than just yourself.
- Driven by iteration. Your innate instinct is not to just make sure that changes are tested and deployed without a hitch, but to find out whether or not they had the intended effect.
- A desire to grow. You have the desire to shine in this role, knowing that as the company grows, leaders will be needed. In the coming years, you hope to be driving the BigDoor quality assurance process for more than just one team.
- You’re familiar with our tools. You’re well-versed in Vim, SVN, and Git, and can write shell scripts and Python scripts like nobody’s business.
- You’re lean. You understand and have a passion for “lean startup” methodologies.
- You’re team-oriented. Desire to work in a collaborative, team-based, transparent, highly communicative environment where questions and curiosity are highly valued runs in your blood. Your disposition has been referred to as “sunny” in the past.
- Strong communication and documentation skills. You’re a natural at reporting progress on a regular basis, with concision and clarity.
- You’re smarter than the average bear. A four year degree (or a good reason for not having one).
What you should know:
We value your time. To that point, we issue Sennheiser head phones on day one and if you want to work in the zone, put these on and you become uninterruptable.
Our development stack is:
- Super-Smart Geeks
A little bit about BigDoor:
BigDoor is a white label software platform that helps brands increase customer engagement, reward users, and build loyalty. Founded in 2009, BigDoor powers loyalty programs for the world’s biggest brands, and is backed by Foundry Group and Founder’s Co-op. BigDoor may be revolutionizing how brands and consumers engage online, but we’re just a bunch of passionate, entrepreneurial people enjoying the ride.
Our office is located in the TechStars building in South Lake Union, so between trips to the food trucks and dodging Amazon badges, you’ll be surrounded by tech-savvy, entrepreneurial minds. Our culture is grounded in transparency, trust, and creativity. We focus on paving the way for brand loyalty, and empowering our team to dream big about what’s next. We love what we are building, and want to share it with the world.
To apply for this position
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
No agencies please.